Ann M. ModerAttorney Family Law
Ann Moder is a former partner of one of Chicago’s leading family law firms, and began transitioning her practice to Los Angeles in 2012. She is licensed to practice in both California and Illinois, and focuses her practice on family law. Prior to joining Feinberg, Mindel, Brandt & Klein, LLP, Ms. Moder also practiced with a West Los Angeles firm that’s primary focus was complex family law matters and the distribution of multi-million dollar estates, representing clients of a variety of backgrounds, such as business owners, and other successful professionals, including the entertainment industry, entrepreneurs, and heirs.
Ms. Moder has an extensive litigation background representing individuals in all aspects of family law matters, including child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support, property division, complex financial matters, tax consequences, and pre and post nuptial agreements. Because of her litigation experience, Ms. Moder is able to settle the majority of her cases. She believes that clients should take an active role in determining their future by the settlement process. She also believes that the best settlements for clients are the result of preparation which allows her clients to negotiate from a position of strength. Ms. Moder is compassionate yet strong in helping clients through the difficulties of family law disputes. Although she seeks to resolve matters prior to going to court, she is not reluctant to litigate aggressively on her clients’ behalf.
Ms. Moder is actively involved in the Beverly Hills Bar Association, and the Los Angeles County Bar Association, serving as a member of the Family Law Executive Committees of both associations. Ms. Moder assists with the preparation of the family law “Nuts & Bolts” series of Continuing Legal Education for Beverly Hills Bar Association, providing younger attorneys, and attorneys who are new to family law practice, the necessary education in that specialized field. Ms. Moder was also appointed as liaison between the Los Angeles County Bar Association’ s Barristers Section and Family Law Executive Committee, and currently serves in that capacity. Ms. Moder has also been published on various occasions in the Los Angeles Daily Journal, and recently attended the National Family Law Trial Institute, in Houston, Texas, in 2015.
While attending the University of Minnesota, Ms. Moder lived in South America for extensive periods of time and is fluent in Spanish. She attended the university in both Merida, Venezuela and Santiago, Chile. Prior to attending The John Marshall Law School, she also lived and worked in Europe. Ms. Moder brings her multicultural experiences to her practice where appropriate.
- Illinois: 2006
- U.S District Court: 2006
- California: 2013
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Family Law Executive Committee
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Barristers Section liaison to the Family Law Executive Committee, 2014-2016
- Former Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Former Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Co-Chair on the Family Law Committee
- Co-Chair of the Social Committee
- Young Lawyers Section
- Former Member, Small Business Association Council of Illinois
Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Named a Rising Star by LA Magazine, 2016
- Volunteer at the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law, volunteer attorney representing clients in dissolution and paternity matters since 2013
- Volunteer at Chicago Volunteer Legal Services from 2006 to 2011 – volunteered in the capacity of a guardian ad litem representing minor children though guardianship litigation
- Things Your Business Owner and Entertainment Clients Should Consider When Faced with a Child or Spousal Support Obligation, Attorney at Law Magazine Vol. 2 No. 11, 2017
- Ensuring the Enforceability of Prenuptial Agreements, Family Lawyer Magazine, Fall/Winter 2016
- Release of Texts Abuse Under the DVPA, Los Angeles Daily Journal, September, 2015
- Consider Kids in Move Away, Los Angeles Daily Journal, June, 2015
- When to Renew a Restraining Order, Los Angeles Daily Journal, December, 2014
- Intent to Restrict Adult Child Support Modifications, Los Angeles Daily Journal, July, 2014
- Separated Roommates, Los Angeles Daily Journal, December, 2013
- Moderator for “100 Days Before Trial” for Beverly Hills Bar Association’s Nuts & Bolts CLE