Donna L. ShapiroAttorney Estate Planning
Donna L. Shapiro is an attorney in FMBK’s Trusts and Estates Department and her practice is devoted to the area of estate planning. She attended Harvard Law School in 1986 and received her Juris Doctorate from Stanford Law School in 1989. She has been practicing in the areas of Wills and trusts since her admission to the California State Bar in 1989. Donna has always been interested in the personal aspect of estate planning. She strives to meet the legal needs of each of her clients in light of their individual human stories, and to be a compassionate and understanding counselor. Donna is committed to providing sound legal advice in a supportive, encouraging and respectful manner.
Although estate planning, is not necessarily something that most people feel comfortable contemplating, Donna’s clients appreciate her ability to make the estate planning process comprehensible and even enjoyable. With integrity and humor, Donna is able to offer judicious advice regarding family dynamics and help clients make the important decisions necessary to plan for the future of their loved ones. She believes that estate planning is essentially a loving act, since it is people other than the client who will benefit from their efforts. Donna is proud to practice law in the necessary, constructive and personal area of estate planning.
Outside the office, Donna is an active member of University Synagogue, where she serves as the current President of the Congregation. Donna is also a Washington Club member of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Donna has a great love of reading, and she is a founding member of two book clubs.
Prior to joining FMBK, Ms. Shapiro practiced with the law firm of Rosenfeld, Meyer & Susman in Beverly Hills. She is the mother of two sons and resides in Pacific Palisades.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association.
- Serves as President on the Board of Trustees of University Synagogue.
- 2013 Honoree for University Synagogue’s annual Heroes Dinner and Fundraiser.
- Lifetime member of the Stanford University Alumni Association.
- Previously served on the Board of the Cancer Support Community, formerly known as the “Wellness Community.“
Donna Shapiro Named Honoree at University Synagogue 2013 Heroes Among Us Dinner and Fundraiser
- Donna Shapiro was named as an honoree at University Synagogue‘s annual Heroes Among Us Celebration and Fundraiser. Over 100 businesses and individuals donated items to the Synagogue to auction off during the evening’s silent auction. Donna and her family have been members of the Synagogue since she was a child and has been serving on the Board for a decade. University Synagogue Cantor Jay Frailichintroduced Donna at the event, and he was also the Cantor at Donna’s bat mitzvah years ago. Donna gave a heartfelt speech where she expressed her gratitude to all of the guests for attending, while sharing lifelong memories of her time spent with Synagogue. All of the proceeds from this event went to provide tuition assistance to the Synagogue’s Early Childhood Learning Center and Religious School families.