Alex Grager, CFLS*Partner Family Law
Alex Grager is a Certified Family Law Specialist with experience in every type of dispute between couples, in married and non-married relationships. He represents clients in all stages of family law proceedings and specializes in complex matters such as sophisticated property issues, high conflict custody and domestic violence.
Alex understands that family law involves some of life’s most difficult transitions. He listens to clients’ objectives and develops a strategy for each unique situation, with the end goal in mind, and an eye towards minimizing the emotional impact of divorce. His psychology background helps him focus on the client’s needs and offer appropriate solutions.
Alex often involves other professionals such as forensic accountants, financial advisors and mental-health professionals to ensure his clients have the best all-around representation. He believes in strong advocacy and knows how to prepare and present a case. If a reasonable settlement is not within reach, Alex vigorously protects his client’s rights in court.
Alex Grager is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Beverly Hills Bar Association, where he serves on the Family Law Executive Committee. His honors include the Beverly Hills Bar Association Lawrence J. Blake award for his community service as well as a number of accolades for his work through the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles. Alex lectures to new family law attorneys and regularly presents on family law and related areas at continuing legal education programs.
Alex Grager was named a Rising Star by Los Angeles Magazine every year from 2009-2017. He is fluent in Russian.
- California, 2004
- S. District Court Central District of California
- S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member (LACBA)
- Family Law Section, 2004 – Present
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA)
- Board of Governors
- Family Law Section
- Executive Committee, 2011 – Present
- Member, Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS)
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Lawrence J. Blake Barristers Public Service Award
- Super Lawyers
- Named a Rising Star by LA Magazine, 2009-2018
- Speaker, “Leaders, Followers, Partners: Marital Rights & Duties Around the Globe” Cultural Competency Seminar, Iranian American Lawyers Association
- Moderator, “Until Death (or Children, or Exes) Do Us Part: Family Adventures in Probate and Estates”, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, Cross Over Issues in Family Law and Criminal Law, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, Cross Over Issues in Family Law and Juvenile Dependency, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Culver Marina Bar Association
- Speaker, Introduction to Family Law, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, Upgrade your Law Practice, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
- Harriet Buhai Family Law Center
- Do Not Wait: Raise Your Concerns Timely or Run the Risk of the Statute of Limitations, Attorney at Law Magazine Vol. 3 No. 1, 2017
- “Brad’s Unhappy Holiday” – Us Weekly Magazine