Amy S. KapnerAttorney Family Law
Amy Stallard Kapner joined FMBK as a summer associate in 2011. She is now one of the heads of the FMBK Summer Law Clerk Program, and enjoys selecting and mentoring law students and younger FMBK associates.
Amy approaches her work with the fundamental understanding that knowledge is power. For many people, their family law matter is their first experience with the legal system, and it can be confusing and intimidating. Amy ensures that her clients are informed at every stage of the process in order to minimize the stress and fear that plagues many family law litigants.
Amy has represented both male and female clients in complex cases involving contested custody, including long distance move-aways, and sophisticated financial issues such as unconventional spousal support awards, business valuations and enforcement of financial orders. While she is at ease in the courtroom, Amy has successfully settled the vast majority of her cases.
Amy is an aggressive advocate for her clients, both in settlement and litigation. She prides herself on being able to see the big picture from the outset, to see the forest through the trees. Her goal is to attain the best result for her clients and their children in the long term.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Co-authored the article, “In re Marriage of Boblitt” with FMBK partner Robert Brandt. The article was published in the 2014 issue of Family Lawyer Magazine.
- Co-authored the article, “Marriage of Facter” with FMBK family law partner Robert Brandt. The article was published in the 2013 issue of Family Lawyer Magazine.
- “Five Common Misconceptions About Basic Family Law Issues” – Attorney at Law Magazine Vol 3. No. 2, 2017
- Women’s Law Association of Los Angeles
- WLALA – Mentor to Los Angeles law students
- Northwestern University Council of 100
- Harriett Buhai Center Volunteer
- Ep. 03: Managing Stress in a Legal Career – LACBA Presents: ADMITTED A Podcast for Law Students