Taylor B. Wallin, CFLS*Partner Family Law
Taylor Wallin is a Certified Family Law Specialist with FMBK’s Family Law Department. Taylor is an experienced litigator equipped with the legal sophistication necessary to handle issues ranging from international child custody disputes to complex financial matters. Taylor is a keen negotiator and strategist, constantly working towards a fair settlement whenever possible. However, if settlement is not reached within a reasonable time frame, Taylor employs a well-designed strategy to bring the case to trial. During Trial, Taylor clearly articulates the client’s story to the Judge with passion and an organized presentation of testimony and evidence.
Taylor’s practice encompasses a diverse range of complicated family law issues. She has extensive experience litigating high conflict child custody matters, and has prevailed for both mothers and fathers in interstate and international child custody relocation cases, even when the child custody evaluation report has been adverse to her client. In cases involving complex financial matters, Taylor works effectively with forensic accountants and expert witnesses, recovering hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of her clients. Taylor regularly handles cases involving the establishment or modification of child or spousal support, same sex marriages, obtaining and defending domestic violence restraining orders, contempt trials, dividing Royalties for BMI/ASCAP, Hague proceedings, and jointly owned businesses in a cost-efficient manner.
Taylor’s calm, collected manner in the courtroom, and her exceptional knowledge of the law provides her clients with confidence amidst one of the most difficult times in their lives. Taylor is dedicated to her clients and ensures they are informed at all times. Taylor is known for her professionalism when dealing with difficult opposing counsel and identifies with the emotional struggles her clients are going through, all while remaining level-headed and focused on bringing the case to a successful resolution.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession
- Family Law Section
- Member, Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Southern California Family Law Chapter of the American Inn of Court, 2014
Honors, Awards, & Accomplishments
- Super Lawyers
- Named a Rising Star by LA Magazine, 2017-2020
- Named Up and Coming Top 100 Rising Star Lawyers Under 40, 2019 and 2020
- Named Up and Coming Top 50 Women Rising Star Lawyers Under 40, 2019 and 2020
- Volunteered for the Harriett Buhai Center.
- “6 Simple Steps to Minimizing Your Corporate Client’s Liability When Dealing with Employee Wage Garnishments for Child or Spousal Support” – Attorney at Law Magazine Vol. 2 No. 8, 2016.
- Contributed to the article, “7 Technology Tips and Tricks” – Family Lawyer magazine, February 2016
- Co-authored the article, “Of Sound Mind” – Los Angeles Lawyer magazine, October 2012